This event, led by Angela Simek Hall, is designed for those with some experience of contemplative prayer and silent meditation who are interested in exploring and experiencing the Franz Jalics Gries Path of Contemplative Prayer which works with the breath, hands and the saying of the name of Christ.
Beginners are also welcome, as each step (or ‘gateway’ into meditation) will be led.
The day will begin with led meditations, leading into periods of silence. It will also include: a brief reflection on contemplative prayer; time for personal reflection; and some opportunities for gentle sharing.
Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing suitable for extended periods of prayer and to have to hand a blanket and cushion. Days at St Bede’s will start with coffee at 9.30am -10am.
Angela is trained in spiritual accompaniment and has experience in giving the Jalics School of Meditation and in leading people in this particular way of contemplative prayer.
Dates and Bookings
- Online Saturday 25 September 2021 10am to 3.30pm (£20)
- At St Bede’s Wednesday 1 December 2021 9.30am to 3.30pm (£20)
- Online Saturday 19 February 2022 10am to 3.30pm (£20)
- At St Bede’s Thursday 31 March 9.30am to 3.30pm (£20)
- Online Saturday 7 May 2022 10am to 3.30pm (£20)
- At St Bede’s Wednesday 15 June 2022 9.30am to 3.30pm (£20)