Guided Wellbeing Sessions
All of us from time to time would like to be as well as we can be, physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. The gentle exercises and simple techniques taught in these sessions are simple but effective in healing and self-care.
These one hour sessions introduce one or two different gentle body work and mindfulness practices each week gleaned and adapted from various traditions. The practices have been used with a variety of people and groups within many different cultures.
The practices help transform stress and pain deriving from stresses of daily life, illness, or trauma, and open the individual towards greater wholeness and wellbeing. As individuals get in touch with their own source of strength and wisdom, they can help others.
What are some of the practices?
Tai Chi and movement – Meditation and visualisation – Breathwork – Fingerholds Tapping (EFT) – Other energy and work
What can I expect?
- Each session usually lasts approximately an hour
- You don’t need special clothing, just wearing something loose and comfortable is usually helpful
- A gentle, flowing session, some quiet time, sometimes more energetic movement
- A little teaching on the body’s own natural healing/energy system
- All ages and abilities welcome – it is helpful to attend all 10 sessions to gain most benefit, especially the first few which give some general introduction
Anne Harrison is a regular contributor at St. Bede’s, offering spiritual accompaniment to others, and is qualified in therapeutic and energy work. She finds these practices personally beneficial to her own prayer and meditation, and general wellness
Dates and Bookings
Tuesdays 10-11am. 12, 19 and 26 January; 2, 9, 16 and 23 February; 2, 9 and 16 March. To find out more, or book a place, please email Anne direct at firstname.lastname@example.org.