St Bede’s is looking to recruit a part-time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (job share) to support the smooth running of the Centre and contribute to its warm, welcoming and friendly atmosphere.
The primary role of the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is to:
- be part of the front-face team welcoming and responding to those visiting and using the Centre
- deal with general enquiries & contacts with the Centre – both in person at the reception desk and incoming via phone and email
- process bookings and the practical preparations for group and speaker events held at the Centre
- work as part of the office team dealing with general administrative tasks
This post operates on a job-shared basis. The successful candidate will work on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Help create a warm, welcoming and friendly environment for all who visit
- Provide a reception service for those participating in St. Bede’s events and
- Provide a reception service for outside users – including counsellors and their
clients and other groups and organisations who book St. Bede’s for their own
events, courses and workshops
- Be a welcoming face for visitors and others who drop into St. Bede’s to find a
place of quiet and peace
- Respond to phone and general email queries in a helpful and professional
- Be alert to who is in the building keeping an accurate record of individuals/ group
participants using the Centre in case of a Fire Alarm
- Process room hire bookings ensuring all paperwork from enquiry to invoice is accurately completed and filed
- Ensure that the leader for each booking is familiar with and properly briefed on Centre policies and procedures e.g. Fire drill, kitchen responsibilities etc.
- Ensure that the booked rooms are clean, tidy and set up as requested (including any equipment required)
- Helpfully respond to any general queries and requests when groups are present
St. Bede’s Events & Courses
- Welcome and take payment from participants on the day as well as giving assistance where needed
- Organise lunch bookings for attendees ensuring all orders are taken through to the Bar Café in a timely manner. Distribute orders and/collect money to be paid to the Bar Café.
- Assist the Director and Centre and Programming Manager, as required and as time allows, with administrative tasks relating to the Centre programme.
General Administrative Tasks
- Assist in managing petty cash, payments and payment records
- Maintain inventory of refreshment & cleaning supplies and prepare order
requests as required.
- Keep notice boards tidy and ensure that only relevant and appropriate material
- Ensure the kitchen and toilet areas are kept clean and tidy through the day
- Miscellaneous clerical tasks such as photocopying and filing