Originally established by the Benedictines in 1987, St. Bede’s Pastoral Centre has, since 1994, been developed and sustained as a charitable work of the Congregation of Jesus (CJ). To the Benedictine ethos of Christian hospitality and acceptance of all people the CJ has added its own knowledge and practice of the spirituality of St. Ignatius Loyola and his teachings on prayer enshrined in his Spiritual Exercises.
Ignatian spirituality seeks to enable discovery of and response to 'God in All Things'. To find out more click here to go to the Jesuit's 'Pathways to God' website.
At St. Bede's we offer the following (each essentially rooted in Ignatian Spirituality):
- courses in personal and spiritual development and exploring prayer
- training in spiritual accompaniment
- ongoing formation and support for those trained in accompaniment
- one-to-one spiritual accompaniment
- where resources allow, opportunity to make the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises in Daily Life (19th Annotation)
- we also offer one off days and workshops on Ignatian themes as part of our general events programme
- retreats (including silent individual guided retreats & retreats in daily life)